Aims of the School Council
The aims of the school council are to:
- Give children the opportunity to work considerately, fairly and cooperatively using democratic procedures to make and implement decisions in areas which affect their lives in school.
- Give all children a means to express their views on issues in school which affect them.
- Give children an opportunity to have an input on school policy.
- Give children an opportunity to contribute to the curriculum at Juniper Hill, promoting our motto, kindness, enjoyment and achievement throughout the school.
- To give opportunities for the school council to promote and encourage our school values: Respect, Community, Curiosity, Courage, Creativity and Independence.
Evelyn in Year 5 is the current Chair of the School Council. Evelyn writes regular School Council updates in the Juniper Weekly Newsletter.